LIL’ BEASTS (3-5) and FUTURE BEASTS (6-12)
“Little Beasts” teaches not only basic physical skills, but also social skills and confidence. Children learn foundation movements like the squat, push-ups, pull-ups, climbing, jumping, and elementary gymnastic movements.
More importantly, you will see your child also learns to follow directions, listen, communicate, and play with others. Every class includes fitness game play and positive reinforcement. Your child’s confidence, both physically and mentally, will grow with each class.
THE BEASTS! (HIGH SCHOOL AGES 13+)
Our “Beasts” are on the road to becoming the next generation of super athletes! They will take a more in-depth exploration of the movements and programming required to be a well rounded athlete, ready for any sport! Weight training will transition from kettlebells to barbells, with the emphasis still on using the least amount of weight possible to provoke a positive response in the body. Proper form will be priority number one. Workouts will be of higher intensity than the Lil’ Beasts program.
Classes will always be fun and focus on positive reinforcement and teamwork, as well as discussions on what was learned in each class.
The Beasts will also become nutrition masters! They’ll know all about calories, macronutrients and why our nutrition is so important for our health and our bodies!
WHAT WILL MY CHILD GAIN FROM BECOMING A BEAST?
Using activities that kids naturally enjoy, Back Beasts provides a fitness program that is safe, fun and energetic. At Back Alley, we use a combination of skill practice, workouts and games to build strength and conditioning in children.
Following our gym’s mission statement to improve the quality of life for our members, our goal is to help children become the best possible version of themselves. We are committed to teaching children to become successful leaders while also promoting the importance of health and fitness in a safe and positive learning environment.
Back Alley Beasts make fitness FUN. In addition to learning new skills, you will notice your child makes better food choices, has greater confidence in themselves and their abilities, is more focused in school, transitions to new sports more easily, and has a reduced risk of sport-related injury.
• We teach children to become successful leaders.
• We will provide a safe and positive learning environment.
• We promote the importance of health and fitness for a life time.
• We will bring out the champion in your child!
Our program includes:
• 4 weeks of fun, action and interactive education!
WHAT DOES BACK ALLEY BEASTS TEACH?
CrossFit 915 Kids uses a combination of skill practice, workouts and games to build strength and conditioning in children. Our classes include elements of gymnastics, weight lifting, body weight movements, running, jump roping, and more.
Specifically, Back Alley Lil’ Beasts teaches the 10 General Physical Skills. These skills are the base for any sport or discipline your child may pursue. Improvement in each of these physical capacities will directly lead to your child having an increased ability to learn and succeed in other sports.
The 10 General Physical Skills
- Cardiovascular Endurance – Can you get enough oxygen to your body?
- Stamina – Can you get enough energy to your muscles?
- Strength – How much can you lift?
- Flexibility – Can you touch your toes?
- Power – How much work can you do in the least amount of time?
- Speed – How fast can you go?
- Coordination – Can you pat your head and rub your stomach?
- Accuracy – Can you kick a soccer ball into the net?
- Agility – How quickly can you change direction?
- Balance – Can you stand on one foot? With your eyes shut?